easymp3gain

Captain Brillo

easymp3gain

#1 Post by Captain Brillo »

When I run "easymp3gain", installed from the stable repo, any files or folders I add are greyed out. Program is uesless.
Anybody know what's with this?
GAFA-free zone

MAYBL8
MX Packager

Re: easymp3gain

#2 Post by MAYBL8 »

I did as you did and installed it from the stable. I don't think it installs everything that is needed.
I went to sourceforge and downloaded it from there and installed it and it worked.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/easymp3gain/

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

We don't have any "easygain" package in the repos, but we do have "easygain-gtk" and "easygain-qt" GUIs. I installed the -gtk package and can choose folders and files. It seems to make a distinction between audio and mp3 files in the filter at the bottom of the file chooser.

You may have to install aacgain and set the GUI to use aacgain for the mp3gain binary as well as for aacgain.

dphn

#4 Post by dphn »

and the old mp3gain.deb (1.5.2) (depends on gcc-6-base package) is in mx-repos. But sure, you can use aacgain instead of mp3gain.
for those with an eye for the finer details...

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#5 Post by JayM »

If I select add files I can enter directories and add audio tracks that are inside them. If I select add folder, all of the folders are greyed out. This is after installing aacgain and setting easymp3gain-gtk to use that for mp3s in the advanced settings as Stevo suggested.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “Software / Configuration”