MX audiophile tips and tricks

sunrat

Re: MX audiophile tips and tricks

#11 Post by sunrat »

Have a look in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf . You can set avoid-resampling = true . Don't forget to uncomment it as well.

Moltke

#12 Post by Moltke »

sunrat wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm Have a look in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf . You can set avoid-resampling = true . Don't forget to uncomment it as well.
I don't see this in my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf All I can see regarding resample are these lines:

Code: Select all

; resample-method = soxr-vhq
; enable-remixing = yes
; enable-lfe-remixing = no
; lfe-crossover-freq = 0
By the way, I'd edited the file and change resample-method.
Without each other's help there ain't no hope for us :happy:

sunrat

#13 Post by sunrat »

Moltke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:46 pm I don't see this in my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ...
Apologies, it was added in PA 11 just a little too late for the freeze, Stretch still has PA 10.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57503#c10
https://www.soundphilereview.com/news/p ... inux-1200/

Buster will be out soon-ish. You can do it then! ;)

Moltke

#14 Post by Moltke »

sunrat wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 pm
Moltke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:46 pm I don't see this in my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ...
Apologies, it was added in PA 11 just a little too late for the freeze, Stretch still has PA 10.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57503#c10
https://www.soundphilereview.com/news/p ... inux-1200/

Buster will be out soon-ish. You can do it then! ;)
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarifyng and the links.

Moltke

#15 Post by Moltke »

Wrote something which was meant for another thread by mistake, since it's not possible to delete the post I just thought...well, that's it. :happy:

Brigs

#16 Post by Brigs »

i don't have a perfect pitch balance, especially in output speaker. but i still use my good old pals envy24ht vt1724 chip wavio onkyo 150-se 110db soundcard. Using audacious combining with alsa & ladspa plugin for rebalancing speaker output.
there're well known ladspa plugin like parametric eq for manual frequency tuning that little helping my speaker a bit. i know ladspa since trial install ubuntu-studio few years ago. don't forget to use real high quality source like flac in near vinyl quality 1500+ kbps with 24bit output. i'm very happy with that...but in deep still miss thonet&vander or hifi swans someday. :hug:
MX18 - 4.19.0-16.1-liquorix
i7-2700K@4.3 - Z68V-Pro - RX-560 - 2x8GB D3 - 3x2TB

El-Capitan
i5-760@3.4 - P7P55D-E - XFX 6850B.E - 4x2GB D3 - 500GB

cyrilus31

#17 Post by cyrilus31 »

Interesting topic. I love good sound even though my hardware is pretty bad.
You can google translate this thread about ABX test and run the test to see if you can tell the difference between FLAC and 320kpbs MP3. I can't :frown:

oops

#18 Post by oops »

... Right, interesting cyrilus31 ... but I can't make any differences, or too few, here too. 9_9
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

whell

#19 Post by whell »

Bluesguy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:56 pm Just thought to chime in and say that I use Audacious as my general-purpose, default audio player ... I like the fact that you can set it up to play midi files by accessing high-quality soundfonts if you have them. I'm a professional musician (going on 45 years now!) and my go-to audio player for gorgeous audiophile output is Cantata (MPD frontend) ... love it! Highly-configurable GUI as well as access to edit/tweak the mpd.config located at /homes/(user)/.local/share/cantata/mpd/ if you so desire ... radio stations galore including Tunein ... wow!
+1. I’ve been using Cantata for a while now for much the same reasons as you mention.

Also, since mpd is handling the playback duties, I repurposed an old android tablet to use as a mpd front end. I work from home and have the tablet at my desk so I can control playback while working.

Lots of options!

rs55

#20 Post by rs55 »

I am using vlc for audio.Seems to have a lot of options that can be configured- alsa /pulse etc. Any thoughts?

Return to “Software / Configuration”