<SOLVED> Synaptic: "Mark All Upgrades" won't mark the upgradable packages

philotux

Re: Synaptic: "Mark All Upgrades" won't mark the upgradable packages

#11 Post by philotux »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:13 pm Maybe some of the other packages he mentioned are still in test repo?
kmathern wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:31 pm Tim (timkb4cq) or Stevo might have forgetten to move those dependencies from the testrepo to main.
Maybe PM one of them and reference this thread.
Right, looks like to be the case. Purged out the old version of Handbrake, enabled test repo in Synaptic and both packages got installed with all their dependencies.

Thank you kmathern and asqwerth!
"philotux"

PS. I'll PM them about this.

Stevo
Developer

Re: <SOLVED> Synaptic: "Mark All Upgrades" won't mark the upgradable packages

#12 Post by Stevo »

Eh...we'll probably put the previous Handbrake back in main. We moved the test repo version into main because I built a newer Mesa 18.3.2 and ffmpeg 4.1.1 for testing, and the hardware accelerated transcoding for Intel GPUs stopped working in Handbrake until I did a rebuild against those new libraries.

Stevo
Developer

Re: <SOLVED> Synaptic: "Mark All Upgrades" won't mark the upgradable packages

#13 Post by Stevo »

Whoops--Handbrake 1.2.0 absolutely requires ffmpeg 4.1 or greater. Since the libraries have different versions, it can coexist alongside older versions of the libraries, such as libavcodec57 and libavcodec58, but I'm not sure we want to move it to main, since some packages may still not build against the newer version. I'll see if Tim can restore 1.10.

Return to “Software / Configuration”