News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)? [solved]

nathan2423
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)? [solved]

Post by nathan2423 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:13 pm

I hope this is not a stupid question, but I am wanting to downgrade my Thunderbird from the latest version to an older version so that I can use older extensions that are not compatible with the latest.

Is there a way to browse the MX repos so as to find older versions of a program (like Thunderbird in my example) so that an older deb file can be downloaded?

I am pretty sure I understand how to find the repos for older versions of MX at mxrepos.com, but not older versions of software as it is incrementally updated. Are those deb files still around somewhere?

Thanks for steering me in the right direction or telling me that I am wasting my time.

Maybe this relates to a conversation i saw recently posted, because I see that one of my machines has 52.9, but another has upgraded to 60. If I upgrade to 60, one of my intended extensions (Chromatask) stops working, so I don't want to upgrade. Best way to deal with that?
Last edited by nathan2423 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)?

Post by dolphin_oracle » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm

thunderbird 52.9 is still in our main repo. we've kept 60 in the test repo for now.

but once its out of our repo, I don't think there are older versions archived anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-18.3
lenovo s21e - antiX-19 beta 2 (live-USB)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

nathan2423
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)?

Post by nathan2423 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Thank you D-O!!!

Stevo
Developer

Re: Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)? [solved]

Post by Stevo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:26 pm

You can disable the test repo, remove the package, then reinstall 52.9 from the main repo.

nathan2423
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Is there a way to find old versions of MX application packages (deb files that have been superceded)? [solved]

Post by nathan2423 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Thank you for the help too, Stevo, but the warnings from you and the others has sunk in -- I NEVER leave my test repo enabled, and only use it through the MX program installer ;-)

But yes I deleted the old, used the PI to install from stable, and I am good. Thank you too.

Return to “Software / Configuration”