-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

[Solved] Unable to add my google account to use Google Drive

PPC
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

[Solved] Unable to add my google account to use Google Drive

#1 Post by PPC » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hi.
I'm new at X Linux, after battling to install the nvidia driver I tried to get google drive to run on it. I'm used to the web interface, but read that I could use Gnome's Nautilus to access my files in a very similar way that I'm used to, from my android file manager (it acts like Gdrive is just another another driver).
So I installed Nautilus and all the related files and tried to add my google account. (from terminal I type: "XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center" and follow all the steps from the on-line tutorials but after allowing access to my data, I just get back to the initial screen that allows me to add my accounts. I get this error on the terminal

(gnome-control-center:5045): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_proxy_call_internal: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_PROXY (proxy)' failed

Any insights about how to solve this little problem? as always every problem this great distro has is just that, only a "little, small" annoyance...

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: this was only a basic mistake. I didn't correctly install "gnome-online-accounts". It's working now. A pleasent surprise was that I can mount my google drive from Thunar too :-)
A quick guide to help access your google drive account from your file browser:
1- on the terminal type: sudo apt install gnome-control-center gnome-online-accounts
2- on the terminal run gnome-control-center by typing: XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
3- enter your google account information and choose what you intend to share
4-Open your file browser (I tested with Thunar and Nautilus). Your Google Drive account comes up like a normal drive plugged into your system. Click it to connect and done :-)

P.

Return to “Software / Configuration”