How can I deactivte my Bluetooth applet?

anticapitalista
Developer

Re: How can I deactivte my Bluetooth applet?

#11 Post by anticapitalista »

entropyfoe wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 am On my work stations (no bluetooth hardware), during the installation of MX, you can un-check bluetooth, and it will not be installed.
I realize it is too late for the OP, but as a note for future installs.

Many services (samba and others for example) can be selected/de-selected in an "advanced tab" in the installer.
Actually doing that will not mean that the app is not installed (it is), but it will disable it.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

zaivala

#12 Post by zaivala »

Jerry3904 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 am As is true for any application that autostarts: go to Settings > Startup and Session > Application Autostart tab and uncheck the box for blueman-applet.
My bad for not using the default XFCE Desktop. Those selections do not exist in MATE. But that was my fault for using MATE, even though the XFCE implementation is fugly. I assume when I shift back to MATE the BlueMan setting will no longer be there, as I have disabled it in XFCE.

zaivala

#13 Post by zaivala »

zaivala wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:00 am
Jerry3904 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 am As is true for any application that autostarts: go to Settings > Startup and Session > Application Autostart tab and uncheck the box for blueman-applet.
My bad for not using the default XFCE Desktop. Those selections do not exist in MATE. But that was my fault for using MATE, even though the XFCE implementation is fugly. I assume when I shift back to MATE the BlueMan setting will no longer be there, as I have disabled it in XFCE.
...and I would be wrong. I logged out after disabling it, logged in to MATE desktop, and the Blueman icon was there again. Maybe I'll try the Synaptic fix.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#14 Post by Jerry3904 »

If you don't want to see Blueman either, unchecking that as well in the same location should do it.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “Software / Configuration”