-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Jack Server and qJACKctl not working

Mich-C
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Jack Server and qJACKctl not working

#1 Post by Mich-C » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Hi guys I'm using MX Linux 17.1 on my laptop

Code: Select all

Audio: 
  Card-1: AMD Kaveri HDMI/DP Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
  Card-2: AMD FCH Azalia driver: snd_hda_intel 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.15.0-1-amd64 
I want to use Guitarix and Jack to play my guitar on Linux.
I have an "interface" of this type (https://www.newfrog.com/product/3-meter ... ble-146307) that works perfectly on Windows with Asio drivers.
As soon as I installed Jack, I managed to start it and in guitarix the audio was detected when I was playing ... the problem is that I could not get output audio ...
So I thought about compiling and installing the jack2 source hoping that it will work, but the situation only got worse, there must have been some conflict that I did not solve even by reinstalling the normal jack package several times.
Now when I start Jack I get this "Error - I can not start Jack- sorry" and in the messages tab I always get this report:

Code: Select all

"Cannot connect to server socket err = File o directory not exist 
Cannot connect to server request channel 
jack server is not running or cannot be started 
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock 
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock 
14:03:37.548 Change in the ALSA connections graph"

I also tryed other combinations and the error it's the same...
Please can you help me?
Other people said me the only solution would be installing Ubuntu that comes with jack preinstalled... :mad: so let's find a solution!! XD Thank you in advance

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Jack Server and qJACKctl not working

#2 Post by Jerry3904 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am

the problem is that I could not get output audio ...
You might consider purging both applications, rebooting and reinstall jack. Then open up the PulseAudio Volume Control and look carefully at the Output tab, Also, if you have more than one audio card, then check that it is set for what you need.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

Mich-C
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#3 Post by Mich-C » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am

Jerry3904 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am
the problem is that I could not get output audio ...
You might consider purging both applications, rebooting and reinstall jack. Then open up the PulseAudio Volume Control and look carefully at the Output tab, Also, if you have more than one audio card, then check that it is set for what you need.
I already purged both application (but I didn't reboot before the re-install). I will try again rebooting and I'll let you know
I think that some wrong configuration file still persist after removing the apps...

sunrat
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#4 Post by sunrat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 pm

JACK can get pretty complicated and confusing. Did you connect Guitarix to the output using JACK patch bay in QJackctrl?

Return to “Software / Configuration”