-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Compiz default settings remove Window min/max/exit boxes....

roadapathy
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Compiz default settings remove Window min/max/exit boxes....

#1 Post by roadapathy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

When Compiz first starts, it removes the window decorations and I have to fumble through things to get them back again. It's usually a solid 2 hour process. Could one of the MX team fix that?

Now I have the window panels back but... it's some jive color and style. Window Manager in system settings doesn't work with Compiz. Neither does Window Manager Tweaks. I think somewhere I enabled/disabled System Title Bar but have no idea where that is. Does Compiz just need it's own Window Manager or could the development team add Compiz compatibility to what we have now?

roadapathy
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Compiz default settings remove Window min/max/exit boxes....

#2 Post by roadapathy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:20 pm

OH GOOD LAWRT, I found the solution. Emerald is the window decorator. I had no idea the two worked together to make things look nice. So, if anybody has this problem, there you go.

Sadly, I have no idea how to get the system working out of the box. Once I first start Compiz, the Window decorator goes and I'm fumbling through. Perhaps when Compiz starts for the first time the Emerald decorator has to be configured. That would be great if it were like that out of the box, so to speak.

:bagoverhead:

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Compiz default settings remove Window min/max/exit boxes....

#3 Post by Stevo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Before you run Compiz for the first time, are you going into the settings and enabling the window decorations plugin?

Return to “Software / Configuration”