Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

Message
Author
NevilsStation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#11 Post by NevilsStation » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Eadwine Rose wrote:Have you run the MX check apt program as stated? Because that will likely get rid of that error.
I'm not sure how to do that. I meant to ask how when I posted the screen shot.
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 17094
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#12 Post by richb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 pm

NevilsStation wrote:
Eadwine Rose wrote:Have you run the MX check apt program as stated? Because that will likely get rid of that error.
I'm not sure how to do that. I meant to ask how when I posted the screen shot.
MX Tools, under Software, CheckAptGPG
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

User avatar
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 22452
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#13 Post by Jerry3904 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm

anticapitalista wrote:So, is MX Linux now not bothered if ppas are used?
Here's the position we take on that:

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/system/add-ppa-repository
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

User avatar
anticapitalista
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:40 am

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#14 Post by anticapitalista » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:So, is MX Linux now not bothered if ppas are used?
Here's the position we take on that:

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/system/add-ppa-repository
Thanks Jerry. MX makes it clear in that wiki article.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX-17 "Heather Heyer" - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

NevilsStation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#15 Post by NevilsStation » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:14 pm

richb wrote:
NevilsStation wrote:
Eadwine Rose wrote:Have you run the MX check apt program as stated? Because that will likely get rid of that error.
I'm not sure how to do that. I meant to ask how when I posted the screen shot.
MX Tools, under Software, CheckAptGPG
Cool, thanks, it gave the all clear ... :-)
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#16 Post by Stevo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 pm

anticapitalista wrote:
Jerry3904 wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:So, is MX Linux now not bothered if ppas are used?
Here's the position we take on that:

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/system/add-ppa-repository
Thanks Jerry. MX makes it clear in that wiki article.
Tim already checked that PPA to make sure it's compatible. Programs that use scripting languages like Python have a better chance of being compatible that compiled ones, barring a need for some unavailable python module like we just had to fix for youtube-dl-gui.

NevilsStation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#17 Post by NevilsStation » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 pm

It looks all-good. Will run it through its paces tomorrow evening.
Thanks to all for the assistance!
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

NevilsStation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#18 Post by NevilsStation » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

Is there a way that I can update the version on my computer?

Or is that best done but someone here, please?

Thanks!
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

NevilsStation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Radio-related App Chirp OK to Install?

#19 Post by NevilsStation » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:25 pm

timkb4cq wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:59 pm
Since it shows up in Synaptic now, you should be able to install chirp-daily and you'll get the regular updates when they appear in the PPA.
If I go to the Chirp download page, grab the tar.gz to my downloads folder, the unarchive it - will Chirp see the newer Daily Download?

Or do I need to put it in the /.../digital/chirp/... folder then unarchive it?

Thanks!
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

Post Reply

Return to “Software / Configuration”