Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

YouTube videos don't play in FF [Solved]

Message
Author
User avatar
Eadwine Rose
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 5896
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 am

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#21 Post by Eadwine Rose » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Please reread the instructions given by nik.gnomic . You need to press the BUTTON refresh firefox when in that about screen.
MX-17.1_x64 Horizon 14-3-2018 * 4.15.0-1-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.12.3 * AMD Asus M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 * ASUS GF GT640-1GD5-L NVIDIA 384.130 * AMD Proc. Athl II X4 635, sAM3 * HDA ATI SB VT1708S An * 2x4Gb DDR3 1600 Kingst * 22" Samsung SyncM P2250 * HP F2280

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#22 Post by Mauser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Eadwine Rose wrote:Please reread the instructions given by nik.gnomic . You need to press the BUTTON refresh firefox when in that about screen.
I don't know how to open Firefox in the terminal. How do I do that? What refresh button?

User avatar
kmathern
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9288
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#23 Post by kmathern » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Mauser wrote:
Eadwine Rose wrote:Please reread the instructions given by nik.gnomic . You need to press the BUTTON refresh firefox when in that about screen.
I don't know how to open Firefox in the terminal. How do I do that? What refresh button?
It doesn't involve opening Firefox in a terminal. In the addressbar type in "about:support" (without the quotes) and press enter, in the upper right corner there'll be a Refresh Firefox... button.

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#24 Post by Mauser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

kmathern, thank you for explaining it. Now I have I will be busy restoring my addons. Let's see how it works out.

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#25 Post by Mauser » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

It appears to be fixed. Thank you all.

User avatar
Fanny03
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#26 Post by Fanny03 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 am

mw1649 wrote:If you are using NoScript try disabling. I have also got similar problem which then was fine when Noscript came out with update two days later but now same problem Rachat de crédit so I have changed to WaterFox for now. I think the problem lies with FF working away from the "legacy" addons!
Cheers
MikeW
I try but It doesn't work :frown: :frown:

User avatar
MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: YouTube videos don't play in FF

#27 Post by MX-16_fan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:20 pm

@Fanny03:
Fanny03 wrote:
mw1649 wrote:If you are using NoScript try disabling. I have also got similar problem which then was fine when Noscript came out with update two days later but now same problem Rachat de crédit so I have changed to WaterFox for now. I think the problem lies with FF working away from the "legacy" addons!
Cheers
MikeW
I try but It doesn't work :frown: :frown:
Slightly off-topic: If you like Firefox, you might enjoy joining the group of Pale Moon (https://www.palemoon.org/) testers. Firefox has employed a number of questionable strategies during the past few years IMHO, whereas you can find a number of very good ideas in Pale Moon.

Greetings, and have a nice weekend, Joe

Post Reply

Return to “Software / Configuration”