-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Can Not Get Built-in Mic To Work On Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214

StephanSmith
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Can Not Get Built-in Mic To Work On Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214

#1 Post by StephanSmith » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey everyone, I just installed MX17.1 on this Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 laptop. It has a built-in mic and camera. The camera works fine but the mic will not record sound on the videos or anywhere else. The System Info lists the mic as HDA Intel PCH Mic. Thinking it was a problem with the mic, I tried a few Logitech USB webcams I have. Cameras worked great, no sound on the mic. I have been looking for a solution for this but I haven't found anything yet. And to verify that the mic does work, I put in the win10 drive I have for the laptop, and it worked fine on the darkside. Thanks in advance!!!

dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Can Not Get Built-in Mic To Work On Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:53 pm

StephanSmith wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:19 pm
Hey everyone, I just installed MX17.1 on this Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 laptop. It has a built-in mic and camera. The camera works fine but the mic will not record sound on the videos or anywhere else. The System Info lists the mic as HDA Intel PCH Mic. Thinking it was a problem with the mic, I tried a few Logitech USB webcams I have. Cameras worked great, no sound on the mic. I have been looking for a solution for this but I haven't found anything yet. And to verify that the mic does work, I put in the win10 drive I have for the laptop, and it worked fine on the darkside. Thanks in advance!!!
I would check to see if the inputs volumes are set too low on the mic. check alsamixer and pavucontrol.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

StephanSmith
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Can Not Get Built-in Mic To Work On Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 - SOLVED

#3 Post by StephanSmith » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi Dolphin, I checked all the settings. For some reason the mic was muted, but the button showed it wasn't. Mic works now. I just have to figure out a good setting so Folks can hear me but not the background noise... Thank you sir!!!

Return to “Hardware /Configuration”