Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color [solved]

Message
Author
User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#11 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Stevo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm
What about printing from the default image viewer, Nomacs?
I didn't realize it was Nomac. That's actually the way I am printing the photos. It only prints black and white, no color.

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#12 Post by fehlix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 pm
I have color photos in Thunar that won't print in color, they only print in black and white. You understand what I mean?
No!
Thunar does not offer me to print. How do you print from Thunar?
Do you have a right-click custom-actions for Printing?
I would need to open an application either image viewer Nomacs or something else .. to finaly print the image.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#13 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm

fehlix wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm
Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 pm
I have color photos in Thunar that won't print in color, they only print in black and white. You understand what I mean?
No!
Thunar does not offer me to print. How do you print from Thunar?
Do you have a right-click custom-actions for Printing?
I would need to open an application either image viewer Nomacs or something else .. to finaly print the image.
I double click on the image and then file and print two times. Stevo pointed out that it's Nomac.

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#14 Post by fehlix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm
I double click on the image and then file and print two times.
Well, you are not printing from Thunar!
You are opening an application by clicking an the image
and within this application you are open the print dialog!
I assume you open with Nomacs Image viewer, right?
Or would you let us know what Image viewer pops up after "double click"?
Thanks
--fehlix
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#15 Post by fehlix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:29 pm

@Mauser,
just an idea, how to sort out your image printing issue.
Would you mind trying the following.
When you print the image do select the "Cups PDF" printer
instead of your default HP-printer..select or change & remember the pdf-filename
for the output pdf-file.
After printing you shall have your image as a PDF-file
and hopefully a colored image is visble.
Now open that PDF file and print from the PDF viewer.
Will this print-out be better?
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#16 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 pm

When I remove HPLIP it doesn't print at all. It says Pending. :mad:

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#17 Post by fehlix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 pm
When I remove HPLIP it doesn't print at all. It says Pending. :mad:
Why do you want to remove hplip when you have a HP Printer?
Just reinstall "HP Printer" from the MXPI, please.
And open HP toolbox and remove all existing HP printers,
which will also clear the printer queue, and add a new HP printer through HP toolbox menu.
After having installed the new printer do test print to check color is ok print.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#18 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 pm

fehlix wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 pm
Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 pm
When I remove HPLIP it doesn't print at all. It says Pending. :mad:
Why do you want to remove hplip when you have a HP Printer?
Just reinstall "HP Printer" from the MXPI, please.
And open HP toolbox and remove all existing HP printers,
which will also clear the printer queue, and add a new HP printer through HP toolbox menu.
After having installed the new printer do test print to check color is ok print.
Because that's what you told me to do. I re-installed it. Color is checked but it still won't print in color from what ever that is that opens up when I double click on a photo.

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#19 Post by fehlix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 pm
Because that's what you told me to do. I re-installed it. Color is checked but it still won't print in color from what ever that is that opens up when I double click on a photo.
Sorry, you might have misinterpreted what I wrote.
My intention was to just print the image with an alternative 2nd/additonal "CUPS PDF" printer,
not removing the existing HP Printer.
I hope you can select from with the printer dialog the alternative "Cups PDF" printer.
Cups-pdf should have been installed by default.
So if you do not have the Cups PDF-Printer, open the Printer setup
and select add new printer and choose "Generic Cups-PDF".
With this virtual PDF-Printer you can now create PDF-files instead of realy printing.
Printing now the PDF-file with your image from the PDF viewer to the HP printer,
will show whether your HP printer is ok and happy with color printing.
And also this would indicate that Nomcas needs some tweaking to print color!
EDIT: Please confirm you made a test-color print from the printer setup, to check pritner is ok!
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Mauser
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: HP Deskjet 1055 won't print color

#20 Post by Mauser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:15 pm

fehlix wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Mauser wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 pm
Because that's what you told me to do. I re-installed it. Color is checked but it still won't print in color from what ever that is that opens up when I double click on a photo.
Sorry, you might have misinterpreted what I wrote.
My intention was to just print the image with an alternative 2nd/additonal "CUPS PDF" printer,
not removing the existing HP Printer.
I hope you can select from with the printer dialog the alternative "Cups PDF" printer.
Cups-pdf should have been installed by default.
So if you do not have the Cups PDF-Printer, open the Printer setup
and select add new printer and choose "Generic Cups-PDF".
With this virtual PDF-Printer you can now create PDF-files instead of realy printing.
Printing now the PDF-file with your image from the PDF viewer to the HP printer,
will show whether your HP printer is ok and happy with color printing.
And also this would indicate that Nomcas needs some tweaking to print color!
EDIT: Please confirm you made a test-color print from the printer setup, to check pritner is ok!
O.K. The only thing I understand is "Sorry, you might have misinterpreted what I wrote." I don't understand anything else you wrote. My printer can and has printed in color from what every I scan. It also was able to print in color if I use HPLIP to search blindly for a file and print it that way. If Nomacs is what opens up when I double click a photo in Thunar, then Nomacs is the problem. How do I get Nomacs fixed so it will print in color in laymen's terms?

Post Reply

Return to “Hardware /Configuration”