News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.2 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Best practice for adding a custom exclusion to list for remasterCC

Help for Current Versions of MX
zephyr707
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Best practice for adding a custom exclusion to list for remasterCC

Post by zephyr707 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 am

What is the best way to add a custom exclusion to the list of things excluded by remasterCC and/or MX Snapshot? I see some exclusion lists in /etc and /usr/local/share/excludes, what is the best practice for adding an additional exclude entry? For example, I want to exclude everything /opt/hfs* from both remaster and snapshot. If there is a detailed doc on this, any links would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Z

thomasl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Best practice for adding a custom exclusion to list for remasterCC

Post by thomasl » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 am

Well, I have simply edited the files in /usr/local/share/excludes/ (both for remastering and for snapshotting). This works well but keep a copy of your changes somewhere in your home as those files could get overwritten when you do a system upgrade. (The update does ask but it's always better to have a copy in case the wrong button gets pressed.)
Dual-boot MX17.1/64 frugal root persistence + Windows 7 on Lenovo Edge72 i5-3470S/12GB and Tosh R950 i5-3340M/8GB
I used to think that good grammar is important. Now I know that good wine is importanter.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 am

The entry for /opt/hfs*
must be entered as follows:
opt/hfs/*
in the appropriate section for user added changes.

+1 on keep a backup of the original, as well as known working modified files. Extraneous chars from typos can change results drastically.
LT: MX18.2: Thinkpad T430: DualCore, Intel i5-3320M, Ivy Bridge; 8GB RAM; 4.19.0-5-amd64; 119GB SSD 840PRO, Intel Graphics-Audio-Network
NB: MX18.1, antiX17.4: AsusTek EeePC 1005HA: Intel DualCore Atom N270, 1GB RAM, 4.19.0-1-686, 150GB HDD

zephyr707
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Post by zephyr707 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:58 am

Awesome, thanks, folks! It seems like there is a .orig file in there, but backing up seems to be a good idea. I seem to recall seeing a post for putting a .list file in the .config folder, but iirc it was for snapshots and not for remasters.

cheers!
Z

Return to “MX Help”