News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.1 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

problem with desktops' backgrounds getting mixed up

Help for Current Versions of MX
lonesomepoint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

problem with desktops' backgrounds getting mixed up

Post by lonesomepoint » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 pm

I have in the last few days noticed a minor problem involving my desktop wallpaper. (I use various photos, not the default images included by MX). Separate desktops' images are bleeding into each other: that is, the image that is the previously used desktop's wallpaper will remain on the new desktop I just switched to, and will be "stuck" behind the new desktop's image. If the previous desktop's image was larger, it will now look like the current desktop's image has simply been superimposed on the new one.

I upgraded to MX-17, which of course auto-upgraded to become MX-18, last week. I noticed this problem at I think the same time, although it could be a coincidence.

lonesomepoint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: problem with desktops' backgrounds getting mixed up

Post by lonesomepoint » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Hmmm...I unexpectedly solved my own problem, but I don't understand why it happened. After realizing that this is happening only on a certain desktop, I tried changing the "color" setting to see if anything would happen. It was set to "transparent," although I don't remember selecting that. I set it to "solid," and that immediately made the wrong desktop image disappear. So "transparent" is supposed to sort of make one desktop's image visible on another desktop? Why would I want that? It seems I accidentally used a desktop settings option I don't understand the point of. Mixing the wallpaper images.

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: problem with desktops' backgrounds getting mixed up

Post by Jerry3904 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 pm

There's a checkbox on the Desktop Settings dialog box: "Apply to all workspaces." Maybe you unchecked that by mistake?
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB
Personal: XPS 13, 4.18.0-19.3-liquorix, 4 GB

Return to “MX Help”