However, something I did recently messed up my wireless config, such that I can't get any sites to resolve without doing some combination of:
- sudo ifconfig wlan0 down and sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
- sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf
- NetworkManager -> Disable Wi-Fi / Enable Wi-Fi
FWIW, I'm using the wl driver for an Azurewave AW-CE123H (BCM4352 & BCM20702), but like I said, the issue isn't wireless starting and connecting, but resolving IPs.
Things I've done
- Replaced /etc/resolvconf and /run/resolvconf with folders from the MX ISO, then re-run sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf
- Replaced /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf with file from MX ISO, letting it use gethostname()
Now I've changed base to use Google's DNSs, and I can get IPs to resolve only if I run sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf after booting. Never works right after booting.
Now resolvconf has both my router's IP and Google's, after updating. Wondering if I need to find where my router's is getting injected from and get rid of it.
I am a networking idiot, so need some help, if anyone can offer. My only other thought is to reinstall MX, but there must be an easier resolution.