-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Conky config dir and a couple of quirks

Help for Current Versions of MX
mg979
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Conky config dir and a couple of quirks

#1 Post by mg979 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello.

1. Is it possible to move the .conky dir in .config/conky while keeping MX Conky stuff working? It gets in the way when trying to autocomplete .config in the terminal and generally I prefer having config dirs there anyway. Same goes for .icons that could go in .local/share/icons and similar things, but that's not a problem to move.

2. Also, I noticed that I can't remove the Numix icons package without removing some MX packages (mx-apps, mx-tweak, mx-tweak-data) and I wouldn't do that. I mainly use Vibrancy icons and having too many icon packages slows down things when I want to assign an icon to something and it reloads the whole cache.

3. Another small issue I'm having is that when using the MX Meta-package installer and browsing all apps, it seems to update repos and lists every time you switch tab and it's much slower than Synaptic.

Thanks for your good work :).

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Conky config dir and a couple of quirks

#2 Post by Jerry3904 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
Is it possible to move the .conky dir in .config/conky while keeping MX Conky stuff working? It gets in the way when trying to autocomplete .config in the terminal and generally I prefer having config dirs there anyway.
MX Conky uses that directory because Conky Manager set it up that way. Our conkies are stored there, along with a modified startup script, but no config files per se. There is no problem moving the conkies, because the new location could be added to Conky Manager and MX Conky lets you search for the folder. You would have to change the link in Sessions > Application Startup to point to the script's new location. Not sure if there is anything else...
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Conky config dir and a couple of quirks

#3 Post by asqwerth » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:15 pm

You may also need to edit conky scripts if they refer to file paths of art and assets bundled with a particular conky.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “MX Help”