Welcome!

Please read this important information about Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 Final release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

Online videos Problem in MX 17

Help for Current Versions of MX
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Online videos Problem in MX 17

#11 Postby Stevo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 am

Ok, but the MX 4.14 and MX Liquorix 4.14 kernels are two different beasts.

tekkaman
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#12 Postby tekkaman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am

Hello

I wanted to update the thread. I tried updating the kernel but the problem persists. I don't know if it's related to some Ata errors I've been getting. Perhaps I should go way back as to when the problem started. I'm a Linux newbie. I first started with Manjaro Linux KDE version. For months it was working fine. Then after some update it would refuse to boot. I tried to find help but I couldn't find the answer. So I thought that perhaps since it's a rolling release some update broke compatibility with my laptop. So I decided to try MX 16. I was using it fine since around March 2017 although it occasionally pop an Ata error message while booting. But since the laptop kept working fine and it had no crashes then I continued to use it. Then In around December I started to have booting problems again. The weird thing is that the hard drive is only months old and Gsmart reports no bad sectors. Right now the laptop boots but I do get the Ata errors sometimes.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#13 Postby Stevo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

You use the "intel" instead of "modesetting" video driver by putting a file named 20-intel.conf into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d with the contents:

Code: Select all

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
   Driver      "intel"
   Option      "TearFree"     "true"
EndSection

20-intel.conf.zip

and rebooting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MX Help”