MX-16 Users Manual 20170521

Topics relating to MX Docs and MX Videos
Jerry3904
Administrator

MX-16 Users Manual 20170521

#1 Post by Jerry3904 »

This revision should come through today for most of you directed at the MX point release in mid-June. Already online using the link at the top of this page.

It is best treated as an alpha, b/c many changes were required just to keep up with MX Tools, videos, etc, and Gordon and I know there will remain much to do (I have a good list from forum posts that are not yet in there, for instance). Some things to think about:

1) the images need review: some are not great quality, some may be just incorrect. I am not concerned with the differences in theme at this point. Replacements would be very helpful; post here by number (e.g., Figure 3-13) or PM me for an email address is you want to send them.
2) the videos also need review, probably primarily by D_O. I have included most of the ones produced since the last Manual version (there were a couple that didn't seem to fit easily anywhere), but I have not removed any already present and some may be outdated.
3) Section 3.2 (MX Tools) has undergone the greatest change, so I would appreciate careful reading of the new text (body, captions, etc.)
4) for now, the goal is to get to a stable version of what is there, so please avoid suggesting adding material at this point unless really necessary.

I will get a diffs file to Gordon today for him to use with translators.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX-16 Users Manual 20170521

#2 Post by Stevo »

Point: I also took it upon myself to change the menu entry from "Help" to "MX User Manual" when I packaged it. I now know this was not approved, but can easily revert that in the next revision.

Return to “Documentation and videos”