[SOLVED]LiveEnv only using RAM instead of liveusb Partition

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: LiveEnv only using RAM instead of liveusb Partition

#11 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Nite Coder wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 pm I solved it, I just had to resize the homefs and reboot.
But, I have a question about how to resize the rootfs.
Because, when I tried to, it told me I couldn't because the rootfs was mapped and mounted
You can resize the rootfs if you boot without persistence enabled.

You can also remaster all the contents of the rootfs back into the main linuxfs file, essentially alowing you to create a new empty rootfs file because all the changes are now stored in the base linuxfs file. I've got.some videos on this on my channel. With regards to the live system, my antix videos also apply to mx.

Its.nice.seeing you getting into the innards of the system Nite Coder.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: LiveEnv only using RAM instead of liveusb Partition

#12 Post by JayM »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:24 pm You can resize the rootfs if you boot without persistence enabled.
You can do that in MX on the live USB? Wow! I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything MX can't do.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “MX Modified”