MX-18.1 live? <resolved>

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
Bierhundt

MX-18.1 live? <resolved>

#1 Post by Bierhundt »

I didn't find one listed, but has anyone made a 'live' version of MX-18.1?
Just askin'

My mistake! Sorry ..... forget I asked!
Last edited by Bierhundt on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: MX-18.1 live?

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

what would that be? all MX versions are live, thanks to the antiX live-USB system we employ.

Or am I missing what you are asking?
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Bierhundt

#3 Post by Bierhundt »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 pm what would that be? all MX versions are live, thanks to the antiX live-USB system we employ.

Or am I missing what you are asking?
I was expecting to see (listed), a 'live' version along-side a full or a base version. Thanks for your input - I guess that I hadn't realized they were all live, even tho I'm presently using Mx-17! I just did a dist-upgrade, so I guess I'm using pretty close to MX-18 - it's just easier to dist-upgrade than have to back up all my bookmarks, downloads, etc., and then replace the older version with the newer version, - - although according to the manual, I'll have to do that eventually, once Debian upgrades to it's new Stable version! (every 3 years?) Since that happened after MX-16, when MX-17 came out, I think I should be good for another year or two! That's what I liked about 'rolling release' distros, but I always got myself in trouble by not reading the latest bugs/problems, etc.
Thanks

Adrian
Developer

#4 Post by Adrian »

I am a bit puzzled, how did you install MX if not from a live USB or DVD? What do you actually mean by "live"?

Richard

#5 Post by Richard »

I remember some distros, for instance Ubuntu some years ago, had an install iso and a live iso. Maybe that's what the OP has in mind?

As Adrian mentioned, all MX iso's are live and installable.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#6 Post by dolphin_oracle »

debian actually has seperate install and live discs as well.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Bierhundt

#7 Post by Bierhundt »

Adrian wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:37 pm I am a bit puzzled, how did you install MX if not from a live USB or DVD? What do you actually mean by "live"?
Adrian - I guess you missed this part that I wrote in response to DO;
I guess that I hadn't realized they were all live, even tho I'm presently using Mx-17!
It's called old age, lots a booze and loss of memory brain cells ;) lol. I do remember that the most user-friendly 'live' installer (if that's what it was called), was on the original BeatriX - two or three clicks and it was installed IIRC.

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

Yes, you could also install from a Live Debian disc, but those used to not support UEFI installs. I don't know if that's fixed yet...been a while since I tried one of those.

Return to “MX Modified”