kwin on xfce

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
manyroads

Re: kwin on xfce

#21 Post by manyroads »

Based on your list arjaybe I think you can accomplish everything with vanilla xfce4 and xfwm
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#22 Post by manyroads »

If you really want kwin... here's a skinny installation approach. You can ignore the LxQT material unless you really want a skinny DE (but then you ought to really use arch as your OS because LxQT is in rapid change and anything that works on stretch is way out of phase with LxQT development.)

https://www.pcsuggest.com/lxqt-with-kwi ... in-debian/
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

arjaybe

#23 Post by arjaybe »

Thanks all. I tried (most) everything before re-installing and adding KDE. It was worth a try but not worth much more.-)
Green Comet
Space particles.

TenderFoot

#24 Post by TenderFoot »

I know this thread is nearly 4 months old but thought this contribution would be helpful to any future searchers who may happen upon it.

It was a couple of years ago that the thread viewtopic.php?f=100&t=47540 developed and within which richb told me the required kde files -
kdebase-apps
kdebase-bin
kde-window-manager
systemsettings
That was MX-16 so not (yet) aware whether they still exist in MX-18.

For me, kwin as the window manager on top of xfce is (almost) a marriage made in heaven and works flawlessly.

Return to “MX Modified”