LXQt and KDE respins - personal projects

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
BobbieAN

Re: LXQt and KDE respins - personal projects

#71 Post by BobbieAN »

LXQT is very interesting, like the speed of development. In time it can grow to even replace Xfce. Don't get me wrong, I'm an Xfce guy but I'm afraid it will loose battle over time.

mystic

#72 Post by mystic »

I think they might go to kde if they would choose another DE because of the Mepis roots (just speculating).

richb
Administrator

#73 Post by richb »

mystic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:55 am I think they might go to kde if they would choose another DE because of the Mepis roots (just speculating).
Not sure who "they" are. But I can confidently say MX will not use KDE as a default DE.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

mystic

#74 Post by mystic »

richb wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:41 am
mystic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:55 am I think they might go to kde if they would choose another DE because of the Mepis roots (just speculating).
Not sure who "they" are. But I can confidently say MX will not use KDE as a default DE.
Haha "they" as in the devs. I agree with xfce as a default. I was thinking something along the lines of Manjaro, where the default is Xfce and they have other respins.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#75 Post by Jerry3904 »

They also have lots more resources, in all senses of the word.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

dphn

#76 Post by dphn »

MX goes the right way. One DE and an awesome work by the devs to make Debian unique in many ways. The knowledge and resources by the devs here are bundled and they work together on one project to make it even better. :number1:
for those with an eye for the finer details...

Pete_J

#77 Post by Pete_J »

Well I did install Adrian's 19.1 KDE version to disk. I have a SSD , so it runs very slick. So far encountered no problems, running very steady (6 days). Thanks again Adrian for your efforts in making this re-spin, its really good, and I am back with MX (mepis) which feels good :)

Adrian
Developer

#78 Post by Adrian »

Pete_J wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:26 pm Well I did install Adrian's 19.1 KDE version to disk. I have a SSD , so it runs very slick. So far encountered no problems, running very steady (6 days). Thanks again Adrian for your efforts in making this re-spin, its really good, and I am back with MX (mepis) which feels good :)
You are welcome, glad you like it and it works well for you.

arjaybe

#79 Post by arjaybe »

I'm running KDE on MX-18, and there's one problem I've always had in this situation. The popup thumbnails on GTK apps are unreadable because the text is almost the same color as the background. I use gkrellm, so it's a problem for me. I have just figured out, though, that the problem is fixed if I stop gkrellm and re-start it. I don't know if this is a problem for other users, but if it is then there's the solution.

I guess I could figure out how to make gkrellm not start until the desktop if finished loading.
Green Comet
Space particles.

sunrat

#80 Post by sunrat »

arjaybe wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:25 pm The popup thumbnails on GTK apps are unreadable because the text is almost the same color as the background.

I've encountered a similar problem when using Breeze-dark Plasma theme and GTK2 programs. Solution has been to use the GTK config in System Settings to set Breeze-dark also as GTK theme and edit a config file as detailed in this post at siduction forum - https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?t ... 7#msg58077
I use gkrellm, so it's a problem for me. I have just figured out, though, that the problem is fixed if I stop gkrellm and re-start it. I don't know if this is a problem for other users, but if it is then there's the solution.
My issue was not related to gkrellm as I use Conky as desktop system monitor. I'm interested to know if you have the problem with GTK programs like Audacious, DeadBeef, Gimp, or Zim. I installed Neptune OS (Stretch with Plasma 5.12) recently and had to use the same fix.

Return to “MX Modified”