(SOLVED) MX-16 unofficial with KDE - Unable to install HP printing extras and Skype

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
joejac

Re: MX-16 unofficial with KDE - Unable to install HP printing extras and Skype

#11 Post by joejac »

Thank you all, very kind.

1.- I installed HPLIP from test repos, then installed the printer via Cups and both old printer and scanner worked fine, thanks kmathern!
2.- Thanks dolphin_oracle for the explanation, MX Package Installed failed for Skype, so I downloaded the Skype beta, and installed with GDebi, very nice the new Skype, then my daughter and son congratulated me in my birthday :birthdaycake: via Skype.
3.- I installed other programs as well as xMind and TheBrain without any issues.
I am back to normal, now I have to find how to fix my laptop's charger, because I always want to have backup equipment.

I appreciate all your help :happy:
Best regards
joejac

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: MX-16 unofficial with KDE - Unable to install HP printing extras and Skype

#12 Post by dolphin_oracle »

joejac wrote:Thank you all, very kind.

1.- I installed HPLIP from test repos, then installed the printer via Cups and both old printer and scanner worked fine, thanks kmathern!
2.- Thanks dolphin_oracle for the explanation, MX Package Installed failed for Skype, so I downloaded the Skype beta, and installed with GDebi, very nice the new Skype, then my daughter and son congratulated me in my birthday :birthdaycake: via Skype.
3.- I installed other programs as well as xMind and TheBrain without any issues.
I am back to normal, now I have to find how to fix my laptop's charger, because I always want to have backup equipment.

I appreciate all your help :happy:
Best regards
joejac
I'm glad you got it going.

I'm playing with the new skype beta myself. its possible that there are some newer packages in the kde spin that conflict with the old skype. the last "official" skype deb was originally designed for debian 7 I think.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Return to “MX Modified”