NM not auto connecting to Wireless Access Points

For issues with MX that has been modified from the initial install. Example: adding packages that then cause issues.
m_pav
Developer

NM not auto connecting to Wireless Access Points

#1 Post by m_pav »

MX-15 x64 in its out of the box state will not play nice with my Laptop, so I have to use a modified build with packages from the Testing repos and Debian Backports.

Because I have no way to test the unmodified MX-15 on this laptop, I am asking other other MX-15 users with laptops have any issue automatically reconnecting to a known Wireless Access Points when in range, so I can determine my next course of action.

I can click the NM wireless icon, select the AP and it will connect using the saved password, but my T550 will not auto connect on login, or when a saved AP comes into range.
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Daily) Lenovo T560, i7-6600U, 16GB, 2.0TB SSD, MX_ahs
(ManCave) AMD FX 6100 CPU, nVidia, 8Gb, 3.25TB mixed, MX_ahs
(Spare)2017 Macbook Air 7,2, 8GB, 256GB SSD, MX_ahs

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: NM not auto connecting to Wireless Access Points

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Most of the time, I get autoconnecting, though sometimes not.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

number698

Re: NM not auto connecting to Wireless Access Points

#3 Post by number698 »

i have the same issue

FIXED (my issue) I think my wifi was initially set up in the guest account - so now in adifferent user account, it was prevented from auto connecting until,,,

right click the wifi icon for the menu, click 'edit connections' select' your 'connection name' click edit, in 'general tab' tick 'all users may connect to this network' (assuming the 'auto connect' is already ticked)

May also be fixed by deleting the specific wifi spot (set up by guest) and now in a new/different uses, setting up the wifi spot again ?

Return to “MX Modified”