Translation option

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
richb
Administrator

Re: Translation option

#11 Post by richb »

philotux wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm
richb wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am I have added the Google Translate extension to my browser, Google Chrome. When it detects a non-English language a popup comes up asking if you want to translate. You can also set it to automatically translate when it detects the particular language.
I am afraid I am not getting it to function as you describe here on Chromium 71.0.3578.80. It doesn't seem to automatically pick up the language and offer a translation. So in it's options, I set it first to "Display icon that I can click to show pop-up and then to "Immediately display popup". In both cases I have to mark the test to be translated and in either case, it seems to be a bit of hit and miss.
Never tried it in Chromium. I am on Google Chrome.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

philotux

Re: Translation option

#12 Post by philotux »

richb wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 pm Never tried it in Chromium. I am on Google Chrome.
Could be that.
I just remembered having used another one quite a while back, namely, Mate Translate – translator, dictionary https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ke/related
It seems to be working ok. But you have to mark the text and then upon clicking the icon a translation box will pop-up.

Return to “Site Help”