New Forum Changes

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: New Forum Changes

#11 Post by Jerry3904 »

On a phone the number of unread PMs shows up on the browser tab (Dolphin).

EDIT: also on a PC, I now see.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

#12 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Frank_v7

#13 Post by Frank_v7 »

Can't see the "Mark Forums Read" thingy. Everything else looks great!

kmathern
Developer

#14 Post by kmathern »

Frank_v7 wrote:Can't see the "Mark Forums Read" thingy. Everything else looks great!
It's on the 'Board Index' page, I don't see it though on the 'New posts' or 'Active topics' pages.

richb
Administrator

#15 Post by richb »

You are not displaying an entire line where Marked Forums Read shows. That is because you have the Announcement showing. If you click the X in the Announcement banner at the top right it will remove it and show the Marked Forums Read line. Thanks for pointing this out.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Adrian
Developer

#16 Post by Adrian »

Frank_v7 wrote:Can't see the "Mark Forums Read" thingy. Everything else looks great!
I think you are in a different view (search maybe?), you'd see the link if you just go directly to http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/ (or board index)

But you have a point, I'd like to see that link in other views too.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#17 Post by Jerry3904 »

I'm just glad that is at the top now!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Adrian
Developer

#18 Post by Adrian »

I am a bit bothered by the multitude of blue shades in the forum theme... the most troubling are the blue links of blueish background: the unfollowed links in the post are blue, quick reply is a different shade of blue, the background has alternative shades of blue, post title is dark blue (which is the only shade of blue that doesn't bother me), headers are different shade of blue...

I wonder, if nothing else, can we do the background just a shade lighter and the post title a bit darker for contrast? Not sure what the theme allows.

richb
Administrator

#19 Post by richb »

Adrian wrote:I am a bit bothered by the multitude of blue shades in the forum theme... the most troubling are the blue links of blueish background: the unfollowed links in the post are blue, quick reply is a different shade of blue, the background has alternative shades of blue, post title is dark blue (which is the only shade of blue that doesn't bother me), headers are different shade of blue...

I wonder, if nothing else, can we do the background just a shade lighter and the post title a bit darker for contrast? Not sure what the theme allows.
It would require hard coded changes. On my screen the contrast is perfect. It is difficult to accommodate all screens, and if the changes you suggest could be made it would cause problems with my display. There will always be individual preferences and we cannot accommodate all of them.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Frank_v7

#20 Post by Frank_v7 »

Thanks to kmatherm, richb and Adrian! Found it! All is well! :toast: :toast: :toast:

Return to “Site Help”