Welcome!

Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 RC1 release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

What is rating?

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: What is rating?

#11 Postby Stevo » Sun May 01, 2011 9:53 pm

When you reach 5000 points, Linus Torvalds records a personal greeting on your answering machine.

At 50,000 points, Linus moves in with you and personally takes all your phone calls.

At 100,000 points, you are spirited away in the dead of night by the Lininjas. You wake up in Warren Woodford's secret headquarters to begin your years of servitude as his apprentice.

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Postby lucky9 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:51 pm

uncle mark wrote:
I've fully embraced the entitlement mentality that so permeates modern society.

I might argue that point. I do believe that we (society) have some responsibilities towards the individuals that make up that society. The only definition I use for 'we' includes all of us.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

uncle mark
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#13 Postby uncle mark » Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 pm

lucky9 wrote:
uncle mark wrote:I've fully embraced the entitlement mentality that so permeates modern society.

I might argue that point. I do believe that we (society) have some responsibilities towards the individuals that make up that society. The only definition I use for 'we' includes all of us.

I've warned against taking me seriously on multiple occasions.

If I was serious, I would tell you not to assume who I thought was guilty of this entitlement mentality. It might surprise you. From the sound of it, I doubt we'd have many disagreements in this regard.
Desktop: Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia -- MEPIS 11
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX-15
Assorted junk: assorted Linuxes

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#14 Postby lucky9 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 am

I can be a little dense at times. Everybody around me always got to keep my leg....
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “Site Help”