Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

New feature

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
richb
Administrator

New feature

#1 Post by richb »

We have added the 5 most recent topics to the top of the index page by popular demand.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Saist

Re: New feature

#2 Post by Saist »

nice to see

Danum

#3 Post by Danum »

Seasons Greetings to All,

A good job done in transferring the forum, not an easy task at the best of times.
An observation and suggestion, the default home page is to busy, there is to much on it, remember there are still people who use a dialup connection,
The suggestion, eg, Help there are 15 or so sub forums listed including AntiX,
AntiX should be on its own, the rest should be accessible after clicking on Help as sub forums, (and you do not have to list the sub forums on the main page) it simplifies the page.
Go for a click around the forums on the net, and see how others are setting up there forums, simplicity is the order of the day, and it works,

Check the Mods listing, it is not correct since the list was removed from the home page, the wrong template was used as a base.

richb
Administrator

#4 Post by richb »

Danum wrote:Seasons Greetings to All,

A good job done in transferring the forum, not an easy task at the best of times.
An observation and suggestion, the default home page is to busy, there is to much on it, remember there are still people who use a dialup connection,
The suggestion, eg, Help there are 15 or so sub forums listed including AntiX,
AntiX should be on its own, the rest should be accessible after clicking on Help as sub forums, (and you do not have to list the sub forums on the main page) it simplifies the page.
Go for a click around the forums on the net, and see how others are setting up there forums, simplicity is the order of the day, and it works,

Check the Mods listing, it is not correct since the list was removed from the home page, the wrong template was used as a base.
Index page cleanup is a task we have on our list. Your suggestions are good ones.

Mods - Not sure what you mean. If I click on moderators either under the forums or at the bottom where the legend is I get a list of mods that were ML mods. They do need to be reviewed and updated as some have not visited the forum on a regular basis. You may want to PM me with your thoughts on mods.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

Adrian
Developer

#5 Post by Adrian »

We need to ask Anticapitalista, but antiX indeed has its own forum, do we really need one here too? It's also a bit confusing if you look in the list of new posts you'd see posts about 2 different systems...

Danum

#6 Post by Danum »

Adrian wrote:We need to ask Anticapitalista, but antiX indeed has its own forum, do we really need one here too? It's also a bit confusing if you look in the list of new posts you'd see posts about 2 different systems...
Only 2, I make it 4 different systems,
Mepis, 8.0/03 / 8.5 / 11.0/ AntiX, saying that and this is my opinion, Antix is part of Mepis when Anti does a new release it is released under the Mepis Banner, so a listing should be shown on this forum.
Weather it has a sub forum here, or a link to the AntiX forum should be discussed with Anti.

lucky9

#7 Post by lucky9 »

I'd hate to lose antiX here. Though there are very valid reasons for anticapitalista to maintain an antiX-only forum. All in all, I'd say things were working fine the way they are in this area.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

richb
Administrator

#8 Post by richb »

lucky9 wrote:I'd hate to lose antiX here. Though there are very valid reasons for anticapitalista to maintain an antiX-only forum. All in all, I'd say things were working fine the way they are in this area.
I agree. However we can make it a sub-forum. In fact I am looking at cleaning up the entire index page by creating sub forums. The would still be visible and accessible form the index page, but in a more compact form. I am planning on doing one category here and see how it plays.

I did it on the test forum in "The MEPIS Development Project" category, and it looks pretty good to me. Stay tuned.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

Return to “Site Help”